This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouWasa #CollectiveBias
I love hosting brunches for the holidays. It’s not just that I love breakfast food, but breakfast food is also really easy to minify into bite-size eats.
Mini pancakes, eggs baked in individual ramekins, and smoked salmon tartines are all delicious and perfect for entertaining. These smoked salmon tartines are an entertaining favorite. They’re my alternative to traditional bagels and lox.
Instead of serving herbed cream cheese and smoked salmon on bagels, I serve them on Wasa Multi Grain crispbread. The end result is a lighter snack with greater flavor.
The swap for Wasa also makes the dish more convenient for guests; they can comfortably enjoy a litte bit of everything on the holiday table.
Traditionally, the French serve smoked salmon tartines as a popular appetizer during the holidays. They’re usually served alongside other French favorites like foie gras and caviar.
Because these smoked salmon tartines are served on Wasa crispbread, they’re not only better for you, but they’ve got the full-bodied flavor of four wonderfully blended grains (rye, wheat, oats and barley).
You can easily find Wasa’s crunchy Multi Grain crispbread at your local Ralph’s or Kroger store. The Wasa crispbread truly creates the perfect base for the herbed cream cheese and smoked salmon.
To create the herbed cream cheese, I simply mixed cream cheese with chopped red onions, dill, and a pinch of salt. It’s flavorful without being too overwhelming.
A thin shaving of smoked salmon on top turns this into the perfect holiday finger food for your guests. If you want to make these smoked salmon tartines for an evening get-together (not a brunch), you can make an even lighter version of these by subbing Wasa Thins instead of Wasa crispbread.
The Wasa Rosemary and Sea Salt crackers, as well as the Wasa Sesame and Sea Salt crackers, are both thinner than the Multi Grain crispbread. Whichever cracker you decide on, don’t be surprised if these are gone within the blink of an eye!
- 10 Wasa Multi Grain crispbreads
- 1 oz pkg smoked salmon, 3
- 8 oz . cream cheese, room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp red onion, plus more for garnishing on top, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, plus more for garnishing on top, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, red onion, and dill together until combined. Add the pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix, then taste-test for saltiness. Add more if desired.
- Smear a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture over each Wasa crispbread. Top with a thin slice of salmon. Garnish with red onion slices and dill.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122