This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking #CollectiveBias
Believe it or not, the French have heard of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal since it exists in France. And it’s a good thing because what would life be without my favorite rice cereal?
Better yet, how would anyone make delicious Rice Krispies® treat pops like the ones shared here today?
As a little girl, I was obsessed with Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats. I adored finding them in my lunch box at school, and I have to say, not much has changed now that I’m an adult. In fact, I’m pretty sure everyone falls in love with these sticky, crispy treats.
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treat Pops
That’s why these Rice Krispies® treat pops are such a great idea for a holiday gathering. I hosted a holiday party this past weekend, and I made these treat pops for everyone as part of a goody bag gift.
People go crazy over a good Rice Krispies® treat, and these are more than good.
I picked up a family size box of the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal at my local Walmart, and then used it to make my own treats at home.
To create a goody bag twist on classic Rice Krispies® treats, I turned my treats into Rice Krispies® treat pops. The cake pop sticks, or cookie sticks, that you insert into the treats makes them easier to grab and just more party-oriented, in my opinion.
I also made the Rice Krispies® treat pops festive for the holidays by drizzling white chocolate over them with red sanding sugar and crushed peppermint.
Other than that, I didn’t fuss too much with the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® recipe because the classic is pretty fantastic as it is.
To gift these Rice Krispies® treat pops to your guests, simply place them inside holiday treat bags for instant gift-wrapping appeal. Your guests will be so happy to go home with one of these!
For more Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® ideas and recipes, feel free to visit their page here.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- red sanding sugar
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- treat bags
- cookie sticks/cake pop sticks
- Grease a 9"W x 13"L x 2"H pan with vegetable oil. Temporarily set aside.
- To a large pot, add the unsalted butter and warm over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows, and stir with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour in the cereal. Stir until the cereal and marshmallow mixture is completely combined.
- Dump the sticky mixture into the greased pan. Grease your finger, then use them to smooth out the mixture and pat it down into one flat layer. Allow the prepared treats to cool.
- Once cool, melt your white chocolate and scoop into a ziplock bag. Snip off a very tiny corner from the ziplock bag. Drizzle the chocolate out onto the treats. Sprinkle the sanding sugar and crushed peppermint all over.
- Grease a sharp knife and use it to cut the treats into 24 rectangles (3 cuts along the width, 8 cuts along the length). Insert a cake pop stick or cookie stick through each of the treats. Then place the treats in the treat bags and use the twist-ties to keep the bags tied shut (to preserve freshness).