This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. There will be lots of turkey prepping, stuffing-making, and pie-baking to come, a.k.a. plenty to do. Until then, I plan on enjoying my favorite fall treats with little effort on my part.
I’d much rather maintain the work/play balance in my life during the holiday season and give myself some time to relax. These pumpkin pie brownies allow me to do just that.
I created these pumpkin pie brownies using a handful of my favorite Nestlé® products picked up at Walmart. Some of these products are go-to’s throughout the year, like NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
I use the chocolate morsels in everything from chocolate chip cookies to chocolate frosting for my Christmas cakes. In this case, I used them to add a light drizzle of chocolate to the top of my pumpkin pie brownies.
I also used NESTLÉ® BUNCHA CRUNCH® Baking Bits to garnish because it provides the wonderful crunch that its name implies! In addition, I really love the studded look it gives to the brownies.
Another year-round favorite that I used to make these pumpkin pie brownies is NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More. Nestlé’s brownie mix is awesome in that it not only produces moist and delicious brownies, but it contains NO artificial flavors or colors, and contains NO artificial preservatives.
I always try to maximize my use of natural products where I can, so this is really important to me. Using Nestlé’s brownie mix is really where your time and effort is saved here in this recipe.
To create the pumpkin layer for these pumpkin pie brownies, I used Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin and NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk. Libby’s pure pumpkin is a staple in my pantry every fall. It’s all natural and a foolproof way to add delicious pumpkin flavor in everything from pumpkin bolognese to these pumpkin pie brownies.
The Carnation evaporated milk adds rich, creamy goodness to pretty much anything you use it in, including pumpkin pie. I can’t stress how moist and dreamy the pumpkin pie layer of this dessert is.
While you bake these pumpkin pie brownies longer than you’d normally bake brownies, you don’t need to worry about the brownies drying out. The pumpkin pie layer helps keeps the brownies super moist and chewy.
The combination of pumpkin and chocolate is always fantastic, and these pumpkin pie brownies are just more proof. It took me 15 minutes to prep these pumpkin pie brownies, and I didn’t use any fancy equipment to do it. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the best of fall baking without the extra hassle, these pumpkin pie brownies are your answer!
P.S. Walmart offers grocery pick-up in some areas, where you can order fresh groceries ahead of time online. If available in your area, you can not only take advantage of this convenient feature, but you can also refer the tool to a friend and earn $10! 🙂
For the brownie layer
- 1 box of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
For the pumpkin pie layer
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 oz can Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin, 15
- 1 oz can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, 12
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted
- 2-3 tbsp NESTLÉ® BUNCHA CRUNCH® Baking Bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square pan (that's also at least 2-inches high) with a sheet of parchment paper. If needed, use binder clips to keep the paper taut against the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the brownie ingredients together. The brownie mix comes with a bag of chocolate chips, so stir all of those chips into the batter at once.
- Pour the brownie mix into your prepared pan. Smooth it out so that it's one even layer. Bake the brownies for 10 minutes at 350°F (Avoid the directions on the box that suggest a different duration and temperature for baking the brownies. Just follow my directions here).
- Meanwhile, create the pumpkin pie layer next. Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk until pale. Add the sugar, salt and spices; whisk, then add the pumpkin and whisk to incorporate. Gradually pour in the evaporated milk, stirring to combine as you pour it in.
- Pull the brownies out of the oven and pour the pumpkin pie layer on top. Smooth out the pumpkin batter and place the brownies back in the oven to bake for another 40 to 50 minutes, until a clean knife inserted in the center of the pumpkin pie layer comes out relatively clean.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before lifting the brownies up and out of the pan (grabbing hold of the parchment paper to do it). Place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the brownies are cool, drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Garnish with the Buncha Crunch bits.
To melt the chocolate chips, simply microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted. If you'd like to do a pattern with the chocolate, simply scoop melted chocolate into a small ziplock bag. Snip off a very tiny corner of the ziplock bag and squeeze the melted chocolate out in your preferred design.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 9 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509