I made a big batch of marmalade this past weekend, which inspired me to make this orange marmalade bread.
I think orange marmalade has to be one of my favorite preserves, but because I make a lot of preserves, I often end up with more than I can handle.
This usually leads me to get a bit creative with how I use the marmalade, like making breakfast marmalade muffins or orange marmalade bread, as I’ve done here.
Citrus fruits, in general, are just so wonderful in baked goods. They provide vibrancy, tang, and a lovely aroma.
They can either be added as a way to enhance other flavors in a baked good, or they can be the star of the show, as they are in this orange marmalade bread.
You don’t have to use homemade marmalade to make this bread, but I would highly encourage you use the quality, chunky variety (not the jelly kind). That way you get beautiful marmalade bits studded throughout the bread.
To compliment the orange flavor in this bread, I used a variety of extracts: almond, butter, and vanilla. The result is a highly fragrant quick bread that garners many fans.
This recipe makes a great gift to give to family, friends, and neighbors. I love enjoying a slice of this orange marmalade bread with my cup of coffee in the morning, or as a pick-me-up in the afternoon.
It’s absolutely irresistible and a fantastic way to showcase the tantalizing flavor of orange marmalade.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus more to grease pan with
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp butter flavoring extract
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, plus more for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 1 lb. loaf pan with some vegetable oil or softened butter.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Then add the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, milk, and extracts.
- Stir in the orange marmalade, making sure to distribute it evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake the bread on the middle rack for 50 to 60 minutes, until the exterior is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn out the loaf onto a wire cooling rack, situating the loaf right side up. Brush the loaf with some more marmalade, all over the exterior, while the loaf is still hot. Allow the bread to cool before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363