This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #RMPSNewLook #CollectiveBias
I’m a traditionalist at heart, so it should be no surprise that I love to celebrate each and every holiday. I think it’s because I just love any excuse to throw a party and entertain.
Fig Brie Bites
And whenever I throw a party, you know there’s going to be lots of good food. My friends and I are all foodies, so we can appreciate a tasty spread and delectable eats like these fig brie bites.
You just can’t go wrong with these fig brie bites. Golden puff pastry filled with creamy brie, sweet fig preserves, and crunchy walnut pieces…they’re my favorite!
They’re also always a big hit with guests, which is why I included them in a recent Valentine’s Day gathering.
Du vin, s’il vous plaît
Of course, when there’s cheese at a party, there ought to be wine. No party – Valetine’s or not – would be complete without some fabulous wine.
Whether you prefer red or white, I’ve found that Robert Mondavi Private Selection always offers a wide variety of delicious wines to choose from. Chardonnay, pinot noir, merlot…have your pick!
One of my go-to’s is always the Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon. I adore a good cab, and often pick up a bottle for everyday enjoyment.
If you purchase Robert Mondavi Private Selection often, you may have noticed that the bottle got a new makeover, displaying a more bold, elegant look. I think the bottle looks even better now; the wine looks more sophisticated and perfect for gifting too.
I know I’d be happy to receive a bottle of Robert Mondavi Private Selection from a guest. I’d display the exquisite bottle right next to my fig brie bites with some wine glasses, just like I’ve shown here.
The Perfect Pair
The wine itself has a smooth finish that pairs beautifully with these irresistible fig brie bites. On a day that’s all about the things we love, I can’t think of a better combination to take front and center on your table!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 4 oz . brie, rind removed
- 6 oz . fig preserves
- about 16 walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- softened butter, to grease pan with
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush 16 molds in a mini cupcake pan with some softened butter. Unfold your puff pastry sheet and slightly roll it out (both vertically and horizontally) just to get rid of the indentations from the folds.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the puff pastry into 16 squares. Gently stretch each puff pastry square by simply pulling on the edges with your hands. Then place each square into a mold in the pan, creating little puff pastry cups.
- Add about 1 teaspoon worth of brie to each puff pastry cup. Then top with about 1 teaspoon of fig preserves and some chopped walnuts (about 1 chopped walnut per pastry).
- Brush the beaten egg on the tops of the puff pastry corners, then bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, until they're a deep golden color.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180