Every now and then, our values and our ability to love and empathize are tested. I had to dig really deep these past couple of days to comfort myself and remind myself that my strength comes from loving and accepting.
In an effort to uplift my spirits, I eased myself out of bed and went back to doing the little things that bring me joy, like baking these old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies.
When I decide to bake chocolate chip cookies, I can’t help but anticipate that first bite into a warm, chewy cookie. The chocolate will stick to the roof of my mouth, and then I’ll wash it down with a cold glass of milk.
I’ll feel blissful because my senses are overwhelmed in a wonderfully pleasant way, and I’ll wonder why I don’t bake them more often. My sister will agree with me, then proceed to pack a ton of cookies into ziplock bags to take home with her. I can’t blame her.
I really like making my chocolate chip cookies with chopped chocolate because [easyazon_link identifier=”B009RVKB7A” locale=”US” tag=”monpetitfour-20″]chocolate bars[/easyazon_link] tend to melt better than chocolate chips (which means extra gooey chocolate!). Sometimes, however, I find it easier and more nostalgic to use [easyazon_link identifier=”B00932F6Y6″ locale=”US” tag=”monpetitfour-20″]chocolate morsels[/easyazon_link]. There’s just something so classic and darling about a cookie studded with those little chocolate peaks.
There’s also the fact that it’s much easier to throw in the morsels rather than chop up your own chocolate. Sometimes making cookies just needs to be a really easy process.
Since this week has been all about finding comfort and solace, classic seems the way to go. These cookies are incredibly chewy and just full of chocolate chips.
If you’re like me and prefer your chocolate chip cookies heavy on the chocolate chips, then these are for you! I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do. Spread the love and cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract; mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls (however small or big you prefer) of cookie dough onto your cookie sheet. Chill the cookies for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden along the edges and slightly on the top.
Yield depends on how small/big cookies are, but it can range from 15 to 30 cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g