Apple cake meets banana bread in this delicious fall bundt cake recipe. This apple bundt cake has all those aromatic fall spices with the sweetness of ripe apples and bananas. It’s easy to put together and even easier to eat!
Apple Bundt Cake
More recently, I made a batch of apple muffins with a crisp streusel topping that made them absolutely irresistible.
With this apple bundt cake, I really wanted to find a way to combine the concept of banana bread with an apple cake. I love the moist and tender crumb of a slice of banana bread, but I wanted all those fragrant spices and autumn-feel of an apple cake.
This apple bundt cake has delicious chunks of sweet apple nestled inside the batter, which also happens to be a one-bowl type of recipe. I love recipes that require little to no fuss.
And about those spices…there are plenty! All the good ones, anyways.
You’ll find [easyazon_link keywords=”pumpkin pie spice” locale=”US” tag=”monpetitfour-20″]pumpkin pie spice[/easyazon_link], nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon doused throughout the batter, making sure there’s no mistake that this is a cake that celebrates fall.
This cake can be served for breakfast or dessert. For the topping, I made a simple glaze of powdered sugar, vanilla, and water. If you wanted, you could pour caramel sauce on top to really take this cake up a notch.
This apple bundt cake is also really perfect for potlucks or taking to a family gathering. The [easyazon_link keywords=”bundt pan” locale=”US” tag=”monpetitfour-20″]bundt pan[/easyazon_link] makes the cake look pretty, but because it’s not a fancy layered cake and can sit at room temperature, the cake is stable and can be taken anywhere you like, worry-free.
If you love fall as much as I do and really want to get yourself in the mood for the season, I highly recommend making this apple bundt cake. The delicious combination of banana, apple, and all those fall spices won’t disappoint!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (plus more butter for greasing pan)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 oz. plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup finely diced apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- water, (3-4 tbsp, until desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan with softened butter. To a large bowl, add the melted butter, oil, yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and spices. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the apples and mashed bananas and stir with a rubber spatula to combine. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir just until combined. Do not over-stir the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the cake is set along the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Then flip the cake out and allow it to completely cool on a wire rack. When the cake has cooled, prepared the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar, vanilla, and water together in a medium bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the entire cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392